Sunday 30 September 2012

Fate

Isn't it funny how life steers you in a certain direction to meet people? I felt that really keenly today.

I got up this morning, and we decided to all go to watch Taylor play football on the spur of the moment. We don't often go because I don't drive, and Pete can't take us all as he isn't always here, but today we all squished in the car and went along.

We got kind of lost as the directions given by the team manager weren't great, and when we finally got there another family were having the same problems finding it so we were both late. At least we weren't the only ones! The mum and I got chatting during the match, and when I mentioned that we were going to a local chicken farm to have a look afterwards she said that she'd love to keep chickens, and that she grew her own veggies at home. Cue me telling her all about the smallholding, and asking if her and her boys would like to be involved once we are up and running. It was always my plan long term to put posters up looking for a couple of local families to get involved and help me eat the food we produce, and run it as a community smallholding, so meeting her was just perfect! We were so busy chatting we missed practically the whole game. I gave her the location of the field and she was going to pop in and have a look on the way home, and she texted me a while ago to say she'd been and was really excited.  And to think I nearly didn't go to that football match today.

So hopefully we'll be starting the fence repairs in a week or so, then I will be on the lookout for my first two pigs. I have had the paperwork and it's all signed now, and I now know the official name of my field; Runwell Glebe.  Isn't that a pretty name?  I'm going to make a sign for the gate.

Taylor's football game was rubbish by the way(what I saw of it).  They lost 7-0, bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment